Credit Cards for International travel offers various benefits such as welcome gifts, free access to best airport lounges, travel insurance, no liability in case of lost cards, air miles, and so on. It also offers other complimentary privileges such as free movie tickets, discounts on dining and concierge services, etc. Additional details are mentioned below.
Best Travel Credit Cards in India
|Card Name||Annual Fee||Benefits|
|HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card||Rs. 1,000||Complimentary Priority Pass Membership|
|Air India SBI Signature Credit Card||Up to Rs. 4,999||International Airport Luxury Lounge Access to over 600 airport lounges|
|Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card||Rs. 3,000||2 complimentary accesses to Domestic and International Priority Pass lounges per month|
Yatra SBI card
Rs. 499 (plus taxes)
Rs. 4,000 off on international flight bookings
|Citi Premiermiles® Travel Credit Card||Rs. 3,000||10,000 miles on spending Rs. 1000 or more|
HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card
HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card is suitable for frequent travellers. Airport lounge access and exclusive dining privileges are some attractions of this credit card.
- Earn 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership for preferential access to over 1000 and above airport lounges around the world
- 7,500 bonus points every year on spends of Rs. 6 lakh
- In case of death in an Air accident, the nominated kin will receive a compensation of Rs. 50 lakh
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel purchase of at least Rs. 400 up to Rs. 500 in every billing cycle
- Earn 7,500 Reward Points on annual spends of Rs. 6,00,000 or more in each anniversary year
- Good Food Trail Dining program at premium restaurants across top cities
Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
Air India SBI Signature credit card is ideally customized for frequent travellers in order to make their international journeys comfortable and economical. This card provides a plethora of travel benefits such as welcome gift, complimentary lounge access, reward points on air tickets, etc.
- Complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program-Flying Returns
- Earn 20,000 reward points as a welcome gift on payment of joining fee
- Earn up to 30 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through Air India official website
- Earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent
- Convert the reward points into Air India miles (1 Reward point = 1 Air India Air mile)
Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card
Standard Chartered Emirates World credit card is best suitable for the ones who like to travel frequently. The cardholders can earn exclusive rewards and avail various benefits such as complimentary lounge access, golf privileges, shopping privileges, etc.
- Earn 4000 bonus miles as a welcome gift and a return ticket to Dubai with just 27,500 Skyward miles
- Air accident coverage of Rs. 1 crore including insurance on the loss of baggage and flight delay
- Earn 6 Skyward miles on every Rs. 150 spent on Emirates transactions
- Earn 3 skyward miles on every Rs. 150 spent on all other transactions
- 5% cashback on duty-free shopping on a maximum spend of Rs. 1,000 per month
- Access to 3 complimentary golf games a year, 1 free lesson a month and 50% discount on all games
Citi Premiermiles® Travel Credit Card
Citi Premiermiles® Travel Credit Card is an ideal travel credit card as it offers various travel benefits such as international lounge access. It offers exclusive deals on flight tickets, hotel bookings and renting cars. Cardholders can accumulate air miles that can be later redeemed to buy flight tickets.
- Earn 10,000 miles as a welcome gift on spending Rs. 1,000 or more in the first 60 days of card activation
- The customer can redeem miles across 100 and more domestic and international airlines and hotel partners
- Air accident insurance cover of up to Rs. 1 crore
- Earn 10 Air Miles on every Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions
- Enjoy up to 15% discount at select restaurants across the country
- 6% discount on car rentals
To know about Citi PremierMiles® Rewards Program click here
Yatra SBI Card
Yatra SBI Card is suitable for frequent travellers as it offers various travel benefits to provide a comfortable and economical travel experience. Additionally, it provides welcome gifts, reward points, fuel surcharge waiver, etc.
- The customers can avail Rs. 4,000 off on international flight bookings on minimum transaction of Rs. 40,000
- Complimentary Air Accident cover of Rs. 50 lakh
- Earn 6 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on dining, movies, entertainment, and international spends
- The customers can avail vouchers worth Rs. 8,250 on joining
- Earn 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India
Points/Air Mile Earnings on Top Credit Cards for International Travel
|Credit Card||Reward Points/Air Mile Earning Rate|
|HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card||Earn 4 Reward Points on Rs. 150 spent|
|Air India SBI Signature Credit Card||30 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets|
|Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card||3 Skyward Miles per Rs. 150
6 Skyward Miles per Rs. 150 on Emirates transactions
|Yatra SBI Card||Earn 6 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on dining, movies, entertainment, and international spends|
|Citi PremierMiles Credit Card||4 Miles per Rs. 100
10 Miles per Rs. 100 on airline transactions
10 Miles per Rs. 100 on premiermiles.co.in
What to look for in an International Travel Credit Card?
A good international travel credit card helps the credit cardholders to avail various benefits such as air miles, co-branded benefits, reward points, aid in travel-related emergencies, low foreign currency markup fee, air accident insurance, complimentary airport lounge access, etc.
Co-branded Benefits: A good international travel credit card bears the name of an airline or hotel chain and the rewards on co-branded cards can only redeemed partner airline or hotel. However, this restricts the customer but gives him/her exclusive perks such as priority boarding for airlines, or free upgrades and bonus amenities at hotels.
Airport Lounge Access: A good international travel credit card offers complimentary airport lounge access to its customers. Lounges are often filled with complimentary amenities such as premium food and snacks, fast Wi-Fi, plentiful power outlets, secure business centers, etc.
International Travel Air Accident Insurance: A customer must always opt for an International travel credit card that provides coverage for accidental death and dismemberment, medical care, theft or loss of the baggage, etc.
Foreign Currency Mark-up Fee: It is also called a currency conversion fee, usually ranges from 3-3.5 of the purchase amount. However, the customers must consider it while choosing an international travel credit card.
Reward Points on Travel: The bank offers accelerated rewards on various spending money on various categories. However, on travel credit cards, one can earn extra rewards when he/she books air tickets. These earned reward points can be later used for other travel benefits
Air Mile Earnings: Air mile earnings are quite different from earning reward points as these miles can be used to book air tickets at selected airlines. However, some cards also allow one to transfer his/her air miles to choose frequent flyer programs while others may also let one convert his/her reward points into air miles of the given airline partner
Other Travel Benefits: The customers must always look for other benefits relating to travel while choosing an international travel card such as lost card liability cover, priority check-in, additional baggage allowance, etc
Points to Remember Before Applying for an International Travel Credit Card
Below mentioned are a few points that one must keep in mind before applying for an international travel credit card:
- One must have a good credit score (Most banks considers 700 and above as good credit score)
- The credit card must be accepted in the country where one is planning to travel
- Offers sign-up bonus
- Has no foreign transaction fee
- Has a zero or low annual/joining fee
Also Read: A Complete Guide to Travelling Abroad with Your Credit Card
The post Top Credit Cards for International Travel appeared first on Compare & Apply Loans & Credit Cards in India- no deposit bonus forex.