The United Explorer Card is a co-branded Chase credit card that offers unique perks on United Airlines including free checked bags and expanded economy seat availability when redeeming miles for award flights. Right now, the $95 annual fee is waived during the first year. Here are the highlights:
- 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- Free first checked bag for both you and a companion (a savings of up to $120 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket.
- Expanded award availability. Having this card makes it easier to find that saver award economy ticket.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Fee Credit.
- Priority boarding + 2 United Club one-time passes every year for your anniversary.
- 2X miles at restaurants and on hotel stays.
- 2X miles per on purchases from United.
- 25% Back on United inflight purchases (Wi-Fi, Food and Drinks).
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn.
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
Keep in mind the following terms and conditions:
This product is available to you if you do not have this Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this Card in the past 24 months.
This card is very focused on making it a better experience to fly on United. Before you board, you might use one of your free United Club lounge passes. You have the first checked bag for free on United flights, both for your and a companion traveling on the same reservation. The fee is usually $30 per person, each way, so quadrupling that is how they get the value of $120 each roundtrip. You also get Priority Boarding, which helps you find space for your carry-on. While onboard, you get 25% back on your inflight purchases of WiFi, food, and drinks.
Expanded award availability. You earn United miles for all your purchases (double miles on restaurants and hotel stays), but then they also make it easier for you to redeem those miles on Saver level tickets with no blackout dates. Expanded award seat availability is another of the top perks from this card, and I’ve found there is actually a significant difference when searching. If you’re constantly trying to find economy tickets for the entire family like me, this is a big deal. Saver Award ticket redemptions start at 12,500 miles one-way within the continental U.S. and Canada.
Another unique feature of this card is that it offers primary coverage on the Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. On most other consumer cards, this coverage is offered as secondary coverage, meaning it only kicks in after your personal auto insurance has been exhausted.
Bottom line. The United Explorer Card offers great perks for folks that fly United even just once or twice a year. The card provides lounge passes, a free checked bag, priority boarding, and inflight discounts. A key feature for miles hoarders is the special expanded award seat inventory for credit card holders to make it easier to actually redeem those miles for economy saver flights.
Also see: Top 10 Best Credit Card Bonus Offers.
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Chase United Explorer Card Review – 40,000 Bonus Miles from My Money Blog.
Copyright © 2018 binary options time frame. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.